Saturday, January 5

I'm officially spoiled

Just got two new sewing machines! A Janome MC 6600 and a Bernina 750. I'm underway with the Janome, but the Bernina, despite the "take me home now sign" is too popular to keep up with demand. Guess I'll get it in a week or two. What thrills me most about the Janome is a quilt binding attachment that shows a lot of promise. Binding is not high on my list of things I enjoy. I'm not inclined to do a lot of artistic expression on the edges and to be honest, by that point in a project, I'm ready to move on to something else. Call it the "ugh" stage of a quilt. So the thought of folding and sewing a binding with one sweep through the machine is orgasmic.

The Bernina comes with a stitch regulator (BSR) - my other highly coveted function. Those who haven't yet mastered free motion quilting that doesn't look like you were drunk when you did it will be downright giddy with this feature. Or... you could probably be drunk with the BSR and the results will still be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment