Sunday, December 23

A season of abundance

I'm suffering from overload: too many fabrics, too many books, too many tools, too many ideas, too little space to work and too little to show for my time so far. Puh. I know many grow their art practice organically over time, but I jumped in the middle of my path and don't know which way is forward and which way is back.

I'm floored by the advancements in tools and machines since I got mine. OMG stitch regulators? Binding attachments? Pom pom makers? And the artistic boundaries that continue to get pushed... and the 20 different approaches to do anything. I'm dizzy.

I have yet to master the balance between exploration, practice, production, business and marketing in the limited time I can dedicate to it. Owls are hot. I want an owl design. I spent a month researching and tinkering with a number of owls in a number of ways. I had owl appendages all over my workroom and I finally back-burnered it.

I need a plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment